1.5.48 PC version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.5.48 PC version

So the new UI is back in this new version, which is here to fix the bug on the Season/War Supplies milestones.

It appears the huge backslash from the community wasn't enough.

Please join your voices with mine to shout:

WE THE PLAYERS DON'T WANT THIS NEW UI!

And I'm saying this even if it would be my interest to see PC players struggling with this new UI, as I play only on mobile... It's not entirely unselfish, as I fear the ideas behind the new UI would maybe one day makes their way to the mobile. Where it would cause the whole game to be absolutely unplayable competitively.

So, one ore time, let's shout

WE THE PLAYERS DON'T WANT THIS NEW UI!
    Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
    Eternium Files

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (119) (Medium).png
Views:	488
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	198929Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (118) (Medium).png Views:	0 Size:	199.4 KB ID:	198928 The new pc ui will require some adjustments by the players and could be improved by moving the apples, potions, and portal to the right of the companion abilities.
    Last edited by papa jim; 06-23-2021, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Feedback: this change is exactly the opposite of what we need.

- Screen space on the left and right side of the screen was never a bottleneck. Vertical screen estate is what we always run out of, and the update makes it worse...

- Why make the interface more cluttered? Now the left side icons that are only relevant in the hometown and in the inventory menus, suddenly clutter the screen also during battles?

- The most important reason to have ability icons, is monitoring cooldowns. This is now more difficult to see, as they're all packed together between icons that have absolutely no added value and just distract. Nobody cares about the cooldown of your hometown portal. Nobody cares about the quests journal button during gameplay (maybe park it next to the map or whatever, or make it part of the inventory instead). These things now just distract and make it more difficult to see in one glance, which abilities are on cooldown, and which aren't...

As an additional comment: the option to remap keys is definitely great, good work there .

Comment

I finally (mostly) completed my move and just got my computer and internet set up in time to see... weird new layout and more bizarre artwork changes. I think all the old item drawings were much better and I'm not sure why this change was approved/needed. My firelily now looks like a banana peel...

Comment

Hahaha..Just updated....you are right...

Comment

...And this is the banana peel aka fire lily...lol.

Click image for larger version  Name:	banana.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.9 KB ID:	198959

Comment

Yes I know...no problem.

Comment

Discord is the easiest way to communicate over voice, video, and text. Chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities.
                Eternium Files

Comment

So rewards/offers and consumables take up more than half the interface, elements relevant to gameplay are cluttered at the bottom. . .
                  They show you what they want you to care about, if you get what I mean.
                  I hate to be right but this seems more of the same garbage straight from the freemium/whaling manual.

. . .and the aesthetic changes, no idea, it's like your car has an engine problem and you change the paint instead.
                  Theoretical Modding
                  (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

Okay. That discord comment made me howl with laughter. Thanks for cheering me up!

Comment

It means: once you see the banana, go bananas!

Comment

Uninstalled 1.5.46 then went to MS store and reinstalled. Got 1.5.45 back .
                        Please reconsider the icon placement that was in 1.5.46. It was problematic at best.
                        I did like the silhouettes which allowed you to target specific enemies within mobs.

Comment

I would like it to highlight the currently attacked foe. Way more visible than the red circle around feet.
                          Eternium Files

Comment

I now have 2 notices in my email announcing Release Notes 1.5.21. As if the one that sat in my inbox for last 4+ months wasn't enough!

Comment

A bullet list of what is wrong with the new UI:
                              (TL;DR: It sucks!)
                              • None of the information accessible through the left column of icons is useful during a battle. None. So at best this column of icons hide some of the battlefield, at worst a missclick will bring a distracting popup.
                              • The same can be said about the popups appearing when the mouse hover above some of the icons on the bottom row. The information given is best reviewed in town, while gearing up. During a trial, the abilities or companions can't be changed anyway. (Fun fact, the popup is not even the relevant one...)
                              • The right column still show the Season icon (also in the left column), and the mouse passing over the food icons still show an invasive useless popup
                              • On a narrow screen, the mini-portrait of the attacked enemy is still under the mini-map. Clicking on this mini-portrait is the only way to get very useful information on the buffs/debuffs applied to the foe.
                              So, this new UI brings nothing good and removes nothing bad.
                              Last edited by LodWig; 06-25-2021, 07:25 PM.
                              Eternium Files

Comment

Working...
                              X