• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blingblingchaching
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, this comment is my last post

• Blingblingchaching
    commented on 's reply
    Turgeon: you are too rigid and short-sighted that's why you can't escape the current setup. If this was a brainstorming sessions for devs, new ideas raised, pros and cons discussed, and different possible solutions for those cons brainstormed and tested. That's how new content/improvements are made. Instead you guys acted like ...spoiled kids, jumping up protesting and all kinds of name calling.
    To your "concern" to my side suggestion to cm reset: it's anb. Rules can be different (like ephemeral items). If you complain about cml50 for gold anbs, devs can cap it at 25. In my experiment, I reached cm20 when I reached lvl70, and needex exactly 10 mins of real time to get to cm lvl 25. Now what else do you complain? Too hard to get that 77 gear to your main account? I can give answer to that too with a little tweak. But my point is, If you want to point out the disadvantages in others proposals, then think first yourself if there is a way to fix that before discarding them. That same rule applies really well in real life.

• Turgeon
    commented on 's reply
    I must be wrong like lodwig in that case cause all he said i must agrree with him. If your dream come true blingbling then ill stop playing anb since i wont have enough time to play since ill need to waste time by getting up ml to 50. There is enough waste of time by doing jewelry and gold farming i cant see how ill do it if i need to get up my CM

• Hedger
    replied
    I suspect this will be or was your last post. Good luck. Patience can be valuable. I spent a couple weeks buying all recipes for gold. I did not use gems at all. If you stopped at CL530 you needed to do more farming. Why try to crack the top 100? Meet your own goals first.

Leave a comment:

• Blingblingchaching
    commented on 's reply
    Lodwig you are a star, a genius at this game, who can do repetitive works without feeling boredom and conquer every daily chore with ease. Happy?
    Devs must/are more than happy to allow whales to spend in anbs to get their edge. You don't get that common sense? Ah you want to have that same edge without paying. Just go to the arena then!
    For the rest of the players, my proposal (now I'll amend it to not 2-3k gems carryover limit, but a random from 0 to 3k) leads to a more balanced, fairer competition which requires new solutions, especially at Gold events. Maybe your true skills is not the top 25 spots, but top 3 with some Chinese or South Korean dudes, who knows? Time to 70 is not the deciding factor after all. Yeah?
    And you absolutely know nothing about cm leveling beside that crafting lvl 13 uncommon gear practice - which is not the best advice with a regular hero mind you. Don't stop others if they do differently and more efficient (especially with their valuable real life time). If it took a newbie ~2hrs of event time to reach lvl70, how many real hours of play time will be needed to level up the regular hero, go through the acts to farm gold effectively? Then he/she will have do the same thing because alas the anb hero needs gold too. You really have too much time to waste man. Ah you also want to save and count the useless hundred thousands iron bars in your account. ?

• Stusmith50
    commented on 's reply
    His proposition for Gold was that in addition to the gem restrictions, crafting mastery was reset to zero.
    "
    For gold ANBs, it is possible to reset the hero crafting mastery level to 0 as well. (I believe this suggestion is not new). Again this levels the playing field in ANBs as we'll need millions of gold and crafting materials
    to max it out."
    Last edited by Stusmith50; 07-22-2021, 10:51 AM.

• LodWig
    commented on 's reply
    perhaps some player might relate to those mistakes?!
    I did my share of epic Adventurer's unboxing, yes...

newbies can't crack top100
    Even if it's true, why is it bad? Isn't it expected in that kind of game? Do you think top players just jumped there? Without going through top1000, top500, etc?
    I showed you I got to top 25 (Hunters) several times spending less than 500 gems, do you really think without medals I wouldn't have "cracked top 100"?

some can't be bought with real money
    And that is an extremely good thing. (35 Glory can be bought in a league though, as well as some with a season pass.)

limiting gems in anb is the best available option to test the real strategy/execution skills
    Which isn't your first post proposal, that is limiting the amount of gems carried over from the main account, but still allowing for gems buying. Testing your proposal would have required you to use 2000 to 3000 gems "carried form main" (eventually faked by buying them) and use money to try for the best rank you could get. That would have proved your proposal indeed would help newbies against "entranched vets". The testing you've done there brings nothing for or against it.

Even cm reset has its benefits.
    Which are? Getting one rare of each kind, with a random added stat, while crafting uncommons +XP% for reaching hero level 70? All at the crafted level, mind you, because the MC perk is still locked? (Unless of course you bought gold and resources right at the start and mindlessly spam craft level one items (gasps!) until at least ML 25.) Or is it the small added ML XP you get when unlocking, totally dwarfed by the huge amount needed to reach ML 50? I see absolutely no benefits here.

CM leveling in anb is way faster and more economic (as you trade unused iron bars/lesser essences for gold).
    New players beware: It's way more sensible to raise the ML level out of ANB, as it costs nothing in event time and mostly only gold, which is faster and easier to gain than resources, plus one can gain essence with crafting then salvaging level 14 uncommon armor items, meaning in overall playing time it's also less taxing. (No salvaging of crafted items during an event.) Also, during an event, all kind of resources are used, for useful crafts or for filler crafts in the pursuit of a high level item, so it's better to spend gold than any resource, the former being even more easier to get during an event.

• LodWig
    commented on 's reply
    1) Thank you!
    2) It shows sometimes it's good to read what vets are writing... :troll:
    3) You can do the same data collection, no need to be a vet

• Blingblingchaching
    replied
    I stopped playing yesterday. cl530 with 8h57 left. cm level 25. and could only buy cleaver recipe from liana. farming tl70 in ~90s. Used all glory from season and anb rewards and bought: 3 fury, ToS, templar... should have unlocked only 2 fury pieces and spent those glory on whirlstorm belt - but I screwed up 2 (out of 6) ephemeral items on an elban's scepter & a defender's pant (perhaps some player might relate to those mistakes?!)

So if I had continued, my strategy would be as follows
    -farm xp to cl 750-800 (1hr)
    -farm gold/gems (sc 43/47? act iv) (2hrs) (make stops to make xp/eg jewelries once reaching 200k gold - average stats ok)
    -cm to 50?
    -continue more recipes from liana
    -cook whirlwind to lvl 10, synergy to 90+
    -make gears for tl100 (head slayer enchantment + ToS should be sufficient)
    -farm xp to cl 1400 (3 hrs) leap to lvl 10, get that last season reward 20 glory on exotic slayer enchantment;
    -tl110 with xp fury for second ct
    -farm xp to cl 1600 (2hrs) at tl 100-105
    -switch to 4w2f and head for tl 120+ (1hr)

I know it's totally doable and doesn't require anymore gems (until the end if I really want to socket/reforge some of the good xp gears). aside from a few tweaks and having less available time for farming xp/final push it is essentially a repetition of regular bronze anbs.

My conclusions though are still very true to my first post:
    - newbies can't crack top100 (well at least in this case with a warrior) - too many disadvantages stacked against them - some can't be bought with real money (glory for unlock gears, wait for blacksmithing to become available, poor gears & no medal bonuses especially during the initial leveling to 70)
    - limiting gems in anb is the best available option to test the real strategy/execution skills in a limited resource competition. (For those who prefer to overkilled everything, there's always the arena for that).
    -it was a fun experiment. well, it was fun because it was not a repetition. Even cm reset has its benefits. I learned to alternate crafting swords/mace/axe ; boots/sabatons/ gloves to unlock/get the extra grades for cheap when leveling up to 70 - didn't do that when I started playing. Another thing is CM leveling in anb is way faster and more economic (as you trade unused iron bars/lesser essences for gold). The enemies were much stronger and tankier without fire lily or fury gears. To improve damage & toughness, I did need to change tactics a few times during that period (from DW with shield slam for the abandon farm -> charge+DT before lvl 25 & WW+DT before unlocking leap at lvl 51). overall, more challenges, more funs.

would like to add some screenshots here but my browser is not cooperating. so yeah, it will be a bit hard for new players to follow.

teebs: gems spent is ~400 to unlock hero abilities and 2 companion slots, 1 100%xp booster at the beginning and a blacksmith crate. I unlocked all rows in the inventory to speed up cm leveling (so a bit more than needed). After that there's no need to buy with gems as season & anb rewards should be more than enough. Might spend a few hundreds more at the end to reforge/socket some good gears. So if I had a 2k-3k gems pool limit? Life would be way easier as I can use 200%xp boosters instead of 100%; and up the heroes abilities faster.

Adios

Leave a comment:

• Teebs
    replied
    Blingblingchaching , first kudos for trying out this 'suggestion' for yourself - as outlined in your response to:

Admittedly, you have further handicapped yourself because you don't have (all) the gear recipe's unlocked.

Leaving aside the Crafting Mastery part here (which you seemed to have conceded isn't the prime part of your suggestion), I am curious what your Gem Budget ends up being (Hope that you are keeping track of THAT - since that has been the prime focus of your argument). Also, since your proposition is that this applies ONLY to Gold ANB, I hope you will post an update where you are at - Gem Budget and achievement at the 6 hour mark.

Thanks ... KTB

Leave a comment:

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Blingblingchaching View Post
    (low tens? devs correct me if I'm wrong)
    You're way wrong.

• chessmaster58
    replied
    Originally posted by Arhi View Post
    "You know how I read your proposals? You wish to normalize all the results so that the most inept players have a reasonable shot at Top 100 or better."

That's the sign of the times, actually.
    So is moving the goalpost during an argument/discussion as seen here

Leave a comment:

• Arhi
    commented on 's reply
    Come to discord, we have cookies!

• Hedger
    replied
    I am new to the game and to me this is one of the most level games out their. I have been able to compete without spending money. My problem is that I am still learning the nuances. There are many good players that have been very helpful.

Leave a comment:

• Arhi
    replied

"You know how I read your proposals? You wish to normalize all the results so that the most inept players have a reasonable shot at Top 100 or better."

That's the sign of the times, actually.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X