Don't like the new maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't like the new maps

Thank you for almost ruining the game by revamping Chapter 2.
    By removing the symetric levels, ('The Temple' & the two arena-styled ones) you have made it boring. I loved those!
    Instead you have hired Michael J. Fox as map designer and cluttered most maps to the point that you cannot see where to go unless inspecting the mini-map. The levels has in my opinion lost all the fun, red thread and even sense. I dont know why i run them, but i dont care. Apparently the mapdesigner didnt either.

This has been my personal opinion to an otherwise great game.

Agree, very hard to see where your going, easy to get stuck and those treasure chests are virtually invisible (what happened to the good old fashioned wood chests)... Lots of eggs are the only obvious things like they are useful lol.

Comment

Not even sure their thinking behind revamping Act 2. Seems like madness to me, I've not even bothered doing any level beyond the dailies.

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, I haven't set foot in Act2 beyond daily quests in years.

• Turgeon
        Turgeon commented
        Editing a comment
        Same for. Me. Dunnowhy the6 did not take this t8me to do act 5 instead

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Travis | Support Mgr. commented
        Editing a comment
        That requires new mobs, new story, etc.

Sorry to hear that they changed the Temple. That used to be one of my favorites. On the plus side, you can now hunt Merlock toads in Going with the Flow quest instead of having to run the same old Marcus Village multiple times.

Comment

• Teebs
        Teebs commented
        Editing a comment
        The Temple is (or more specifically - can be) still a relatively straight run - other than a couple zig zags.

... KTB

On the plus side of the reimagined act 2, more gold and more bols during anb.

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought that was true, but I haven't tested it "officially" yet to confirm.

I think 'The Scent of Home' is an amazing level. Though, I can see why it isn't great for 5-star gem running.

Personally - I love the level, I just wish it had story / rewards which were commensurate with the design. I think it a tad odd they didn't add an Act V with the time / resources they put into some of the Act II redesign, but I appreciate the more content and more complex map / levels. And again, though - I wish there were elements of the story / challenge / reward which better matched the redesign.

... KTB

Comment

In general, a lot of the design is quite "noobish". . .

. . .probably because they cut corners and hire "consultants" to get stuff done on a per update basis.
        Theoretical Modding
        (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
          Travis | Support Mgr. commented
          Editing a comment
          All of the art (gear, weapons, map textures, etc.) is done by Dream Primer's in-house artist. It's been the same guy since the beginning. With the game being built on Marmalade, he doesn't have many tools at his disposal.

• LodWig
          LodWig commented
          Editing a comment
          Well at least Marmalade have taste… :troll:

I'm not fan of them either.
        Just horrible to navigate them on mobile.
        Did a full run through act 2 on iPad and it was better, but I had to Portal out twice as I got irretrievably stuck. Couldn't get out of the eggs at a couple of points even with a couple of minutes if attempts. Where these levels given more than a cursory test, or is trapping the toon intentional?? At the moment I don't look at the screen to navigate, focus has to be solely on the mini screen otherwise you hit dead ends as there is no obvious path to follow (the Temple is the exception)
        For ANB, I'll be less likely to head to act 4 now for gold farming in bronze as getting through act 2 could waste so much time.
        Last edited by Stusmith50; 10-01-2021, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X