No announcement yet.

Not fun anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really cant wait for Multiplayer! Im curious about the upcoming "Events" though. Act4 sounds good to me!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkGenocide View Post
      I really cant wait for Multiplayer! Im curious about the upcoming "Events" though. Act4 sounds good to me!
      I'm really curious, but why does act 4 sound good to you? Without other changes that have not been alluded to it will be laughably easy for high level characters and provide crap as a reward.

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post

I'm really curious, but why does act 4 sound good to you? Without other changes that have not been alluded to it will be laughably easy for high level characters and provide crap as a reward.
        I'm also wondering the same.
        Originally posted by CountBelzebul;n96592
        when i start playing eternium last year...my warrior had 3 maggie as companion...when i heard maggie being nerfed...i got frustrated...then i just delete my warrior...
        YOLO

Comment

We're all just a bunch of negative ninnies. The developers have created a game that we all spend hours playing DAILY. Why should we expect them to screw up their "brainchild"?
          RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

I actually don't play it for hours anymore because they HAVE screwed up their brainchild. I'm just waiting for them to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by ༺྿Travis྿༻ (Support Mgr.) View Post
              Multiplayer is currently blocked by the development of the home town. The next thing you will see will probably be events and act 4.
              thats awesome i cant wait for this

Comment

Originally posted by Drulle View Post
                Im aroun cl 1700 did beat trial 100 se no reason to go further in trials norhing to gain from it other than place in leaderboards an i could not care less.
                Wish for some fun things to do,not pvp nothing for me woyld like hard to beat story. Well still love the game guess i just do someghing elsfor avile till we get ndw stuff.
                thats just you. i see highest rank is lv115 in trials that is an amazing goal. what else you want? its a challenge. set goals, achieve them. see how far you can get. beat others. thats the spirit, if you dont feel that i dont see why you playing games at all!?

Comment

Originally posted by trackz View Post

thats just you. i see highest rank is lv115 in trials that is an amazing goal. what else you want? its a challenge. set goals, achieve them. see how far you can get. beat others. thats the spirit, if you dont feel that i dont see why you playing games at all!?
                  Not everyone has a competitive spirit. That's alright. But the game used to be the same when this guy started playing, he knew it all over when he was 400 CL, 700, 1200, 1500. So the question is, what actually drove him to go over all that? That's what he has to think of. Because that's what he should be continue playing for. Well, if he likes it. If he doesn't, then obviously he should stop. Diablo is the same thing.
                  Originally posted by CountBelzebul;n96592
                  when i start playing eternium last year...my warrior had 3 maggie as companion...when i heard maggie being nerfed...i got frustrated...then i just delete my warrior...
                  YOLO

Comment

Originally posted by RiseOfAbyss View Post
                    Not everyone has a competitive spirit. That's alright. But the game used to be the same when this guy started playing, he knew it all over when he was 400 CL, 700, 1200, 1500. So the question is, what actually drove him to go over all that? That's what he has to think of. Because that's what he should be continue playing for. Well, if he likes it. If he doesn't, then obviously he should stop. Diablo is the same thing.
                    And your last sentence captures the problem, because it is so very wrong. D2 was almost infinitely replayable. Not only was it more complex with a significantly better items system, but significant rewards lasted for longer (each level mattered far more than another CL). But its biggest advantage was 7 classes, each of which could be played in different ways. Bored of playing a Barbarian tank? Play a Necomancer summoner. Or a Necromancer warlock. Or a Necromancer witch. Or an Assassin trapper. Or even a Barbarian battlemage. Or. Or. Or. Each a fundamentally different playstyle that would give you a different experience. Hell, 5 years in I was still finding new ways to play. With Eternium everything plays the same, so after a while you either like the grind or get bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
                      What do you mean by 'events'?
                      What's currently being discussed is something similar to a short "season" in D3. Everyone participating starts with a fresh hero and races to build it up and top the LBs. Top 3 get an uber prize (including something with a new level of rarity better than legendary), ranks 4-10 get a different prize, ranks 11-100 get a prize, etc. When all is said and done, you keep the hero you built. Rewards may even include set items that can only be obtained through events. In order to complete the set, you'll have to participate in multiple events.

Comment

I thought you didn't want old timers to dominate. Isn't that the point of the experience changes? So now you give a big edge to event players that can't be duplicated any other way. What's the difference? Things just keep getting worse...

And will there be extra character slots, or will we have to delete someone to participate?

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
                          And will there be extra character slots, or will we have to delete someone to participate?
                          Devs have said they don't plan on forcing players to delete heroes, that they plan on adding slots.

Comment

How would that structure (if that's what they end up going with) give old timers an edge? I didn't say that specific set pieces would only be available for specific events. Everyone will get a chance to complete their sets -- they'll just have to wait for an event to come back around if they're missing a piece.

Comment

How would that structure (if that's what they end up going with) give old timers an edge? I didn't say that specific set pieces would only be available for specific events. Everyone will get a chance to complete their sets -- they'll just have to wait for an event to come back around if they're missing a piece.
                              I think their point is if I've been here for two years and have all the special pieces from events I have a huge advantage over the new player who's been here for 1 month and doesn't have any season rewards.

Comment

because if Old Timers keep winning the events, since experience compounds over time, and they have better than legendary items, those amazing pieces will translate into a slight Edge during the off-event time... which will keep compounding. That's the main problem with putting your excellent excellent items in places where somebody who has extra experience can continuously dominate.

Humus said it right - the new player will continuously be behind, unless they happen to be a unicorn new player who can magically dominate 2 yr+ experience players in the events, and start winning season rewards away from Vets. Especially if the season rewards are really great.

In a race to build & deck out a new character for an event, who do you think will win: someone who has played this game for 1-6 months, or someone who has played for 2 years? As someone who's won numerous gaming speed leveling races, even a bit of extra game knowledge can make a massive difference to the outcome. A lot of extra game knowledge is a game changer.

Comment

Working...
                                X