No announcement yet.

Choices for Fixing Bracers of Mastery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integralas Mantle is a major resource sink. The Bracers of Mastery are a resource whirlpool. They are orders of magnitude worse than any other item. It’s a crying shame that the developers have done this, and if they don’t fix it in some way, it will bite the developers in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Travesty View Post
      I'd bet the devs designed BoM crafting to be an intentional resource sink. If so, I wouldn't hold your breath on changes to that unless they come up with a different resource sink and then throw us a bone on BoM to soften the blow.
      Yes, but pissing off the players is not a good strategy either. Most of the people who were posting (if not playing) 6 months ago when I left the game are no longer posting. If that is b/c they aren't playing, that would not be good. I still haven't worked up the 100 glory in a month of playing including 2 ANB's and 1 War Chest. There are other things to buy...trinket recipes e.g.

I don't like the idea of an "alternate currency" in the first place and I expect very few others do either. Keep screwing around MF/DP and you can lose this player again in a trice.
      FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

+10 on #4 from me not +1

Comment

An underlying issue in these discussions is that DP seem to confuse the value of a monetization scheme for themselves and for players.
          For example, all the effort that went into designing the current crafting system; at the end of the day, players still want to play the levels of the game and see less glitches and better content.

This is akin to having a product that's not selling so well, slapping price tags all over it and calling that an improvement.
          A fundamental misunderstanding of microeconomics and marketing. . .
          Theoretical Modding
          (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

I agree; there's a content-to-monetization imbalance in this game.

While $5/month for an engaging game is an outstanding value, the truth is there is not much more than a month's worth of engaging content here. I suspect that's why more players (customers) aren't renewing their monthly gem subs.

And don't get me started on the event 'value' pacts. You said it best CarnivorousDeathParrot : "A fundamental misunderstanding of microeconomics and marketing."

That said, my point about not expecting changes to BoM crafting remains unchanged. I think BoM crafting is a revenue generator for the studio and the're not going to change it without a replacement, either because they need the revenue to keep the lights on or because they have plenty of revenue and are no longer willing to appease low-paying or non-paying customers.

I just hope the new feature announcement gives those of us on the fence a reason to stick around for season 5.
            WIZA KIZO YIJO 1935

Comment

Working...
            X