No announcement yet.

Epic drops on 95 level Trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've recently been playing ELR mage as well, but it's my room mate's account, who almost never plays. Gives me a chance to practice running a mage without the risk of missing out on medals, CT's etc. The toons I make on this bastard's account always have the best luck too. Meanwhile my BH is floating in the Demiurge's Duvet, eating a soggy week old Murloc burger, and wallowing in an ever spiraling sinkhole of self doubt and disappointment. After a little more than an hour of playtime I've salvaged probably 30+ Unique items this run, and so far I've gotten a total of 3 Marks of the Titan. Almost all of my rare and epic crafts have been low stat rolls and minimum level as well.

Whenever I pick up my tablet to check in on the "blessed one" on my buddies account, I can almost see the rain clouds clearing overhead so this toon can bask in another sunny day filled with fun and wonder. A little over an hour played and maybe 600 gems spent (Skill research slot and other unlocks + one 50 gem crate), and this mage has about 400 CL's, and of the first 8 Legendary crafts, she's gotten a level 74 ELR chest, level 75 ELR Shoulders (socketed), level 76 Frost fire Sash (socketed), and Frost Beam Bracers of Mastery (socketed), after getting a totally acceptable DFA BOM 3 crafts previously (I craft a BOM after every high level item is crafted, as it's cheap & likely to be low level, until I get Frost Beam)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Greg's Awesome start FB BOM's.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	154.1 KB ID:	190440

This toon's account always leaching away my once good luck lol.

And... this toon's so cool, she's tunes her frost damage to the exact amount that makes her best friend Satan cackle with delight, whenever they hang out (frequently I presume, by my recent ill fated turn in luck).

Click image for larger version  Name:	666 Mark of the Greg.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	114.2 KB ID:	190441
    Last edited by DethStrike; 01-17-2021, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Exactly. One thing is to introduce a new economy and update the balance of the game- it's applied all around and pretty much in every online title. That's normal and I can't imagine anyone reasonable arguing with that (...well, up to a certain point. Cutting drop rates down to 75% and 10% are also different things, but that's another story)

Another thing is testing two very different economies/drop rates on live players, who are unknowingly paying same rates for gems and spending same amount of time - for very different and unfair results. That's just being greedy, unthoughtful a-hole. In my humble opinion. That's very disappointing and disheartening.
      Last edited by Kalanch; 01-17-2021, 09:21 PM.
      BUWU PEGO FEFE 4758

Comment

Very disappointed that this game is going the way of the money-grab. I have been playing since 2014 when it was named Mage and Minions. The best part of this game has always been that everyone could play and have fun and be competitive without spending ridiculous amounts of money. This has gone regularly the other way over the past year, and now this is just a slap in the face. Very sad to see this, and looking like it's time to step away.
        RIKI TETO TUXI 5830

Comment

I didn't realize this was happening. I'm assuming this is a push for people to spend more money on resource crates - oh well.

Comment

Not trying to take sides, but I'm a fairly new player ( I started about 4 months ago), and so far in this AnB without spending any money and with only spending a few hundred gems I've made it to cl1900 and done trial 120 in 3:30. I'm playing a fire lily elr mage and I don't even have a BoM because I haven't unlocked recipe and the only one I've found was a dfa. It's been a bit grindy, I've run endless exp runs on trial 105, averaging around 2 mins or less, and I've run darkhold citadel almost 100 times, but I'm having fun, I have almost 3 hours of play time left, and I think the point I'm trying to make is that it may not be as easy to farm, but it's still possible to have success.

Comment

• Eternium2020
              Eternium2020 commented
              Editing a comment
              where do u farm G.E and what trial do u spam? trial80 is not good anymore. i need many books.

• Splendor
              Splendor commented
              Editing a comment
              Trial 105. I bought one 50 gem crate to craft a fire lily at lvl 4, ran story mode until I had 2 MoTs that I used for gmc weapons and until I hit darkhold for gold runs. Then I just ran trials, used the purple boxes to make an exp set, used rings and necklace for gold/exp, and gradually upgraded my gear until i could comfortably run 105 in 2:00 or less (I'm doing it in 1:15-1:30 now). I did alot of trial 90 runs before I was strong enough to hang out at 105.

Well, I figure I can't really progress any farther without collecting the MOTs to upgrade gear. So I'm going finish out maxing my 10,000 gems for this season, then take a break for a while - checking back occasionally. I'll probably give Anima ARPG a try

Comment

• Eternium2020
              Eternium2020 commented
              Editing a comment
              that game is good also, but you really have to grind like super x3 than eternium, played it they have many classes as theyre adding new one which is necromancer idk but that game is full of bugs and if u are one of their beta tester youll probably lose yoour items that u work hard for or worst your entire character. Just a reminder as i played that game and didnt enjoy but they have alot of contents which is fun but at end its not fun so im here at eternium, i tried alot of rpg games lately specialy the mmorpg stuff which idk that meaning.

• Turgeon
              Turgeon commented
              Editing a comment
              Mmorpg. Is for. Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game

Well, looks like I'll be putting this game down, too. Already takes me a long time to farm, since I dont have time to play except for a couple minutes here and there, but with legendary drops nerfed this badly I'll never make real progress on my characters.

It was fun while it lasted.

Comment

So I did a little testing in the ongoing Bronze ANB. Did TL 100, 105 and 110 34 times each which equals 102 item drops each, so we can look at them almost like percentages. Greater BoL drops like 48% at TL 100 and 105, and ~75% at TL110. They increased the BoL drop rates somewhat I think(not sure though). Also we still have the mob which oneshots you, so that can be really frustrating. Anyway lets look at the numbers:
              TL(34X):__ 100 105 110
              Leg. ______49_ 61_ 82
              Epic ______53_ 41_ 20
              G.BoL ____16_ 16_ 26
              BoL ______29 _22_ 14
              L.BoL ____10 _15 _13

So with the reduced drop rates, I think bronze and maybe even silver ANB-s can be somewhat interesting for those who can't afford or don't want to spend a lot to have a chance to be in the top 50-250, but gold ANB will be harsh.
              If you have time to sum up your drops and compare numbers post here.
              Happy farming.
              Last edited by Covidella; 01-19-2021, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• Rosso99
                Rosso99 commented
                Editing a comment
                ANB gold already was difficult for me. My goal was TL90.

I realize no comments here will sway the business decisions from the execs, but I still want to express my discontent.

It's a long and repetitive grind to build a high-level item set needed to reach top tiers in the Season leaderboards or Arena. If relatively new players like myself want to be competitive without huge spending, it's prohibitive to be able to experiment with different builds and classes due to the large amount of material (and glory) required for crafting high-level items.

For me, experimentation with different builds and classes is what makes an RPG fun. That doesn't seem like a viable option with this game, at least for relatively new players looking to climb the leaderboards. I'm essentially locked into one build until I complete a high-level item set, which is certainly not "too easy". The actual gameplay does nothing to break the monotony either, just grinding the same trial over and over and over for salvage materials with a tiny chance of crafting a max level item. The daily quests are a joke; the dungeon requiring a key is not even worth playing; gold farming is mind-numbing. ... On the other hand, veteran players that have put in the work and actually built a variety of sets over the years have a different but even more frustrating problem: they don't have enough space to store them!

It's not all negative. Unlike many other players here, I actually like the new Arena feature because it gives an avenue for different builds. However, the decreased Trial drop rates show an overall negligence for player quality of life, which killed any enthusiasm I had for Eternium.
              Last edited by RPh_guy; 01-19-2021, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• CarnivorousDeathParrot.2
                CarnivorousDeathParrot.2 commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by RPh_guy View Post
                For me, experimentation with different builds and classes is what makes an RPG fun.
                This!

By increasing the power of dominant sets and nerfing the alternatives, most set and unique items have been rendered worthless.
                This has reduced Eternium to having a players mindlessly chasing the items of one specific configuration per class (and hopefully paying real cash in the process) - if they care about not losing.
                I don't think this is just an accidental flaw.

Trying anything that "might work" is not viable anymore.
                I just tried to see if a different trinket would work for the arena.
                I ended up spending around 3M gold and depleting a significant part of my materials just to get a lvl 74.
                That's one trinket, one. . .

• Kalanch
                Kalanch commented
                Editing a comment
                On point.
                Also if you're above trial 120-130 and want to try new build, it costs so much. Not only resources but also weeks and months for CT items, as new set, weapon and sometimes cape/bracer is needed. 'Luckily' there's no big choice- it seems like a single build is viable for mages and BHs. The lack of balance in the game makes it up for the lack of balance in the game
                For me ANB is the only fun part for now. For me personally the rest of the game could be more like it

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
              I can fill in some (not all) of the blanks. Basically, the game was too easy, so multiple changes were made to make it more difficult, including the drop rate of legendary gear. Though it may not feel like it to veteran players, the game is better. Existing players are upset because their cheese got moved, which is understandable, but throwing a fit, threatening to quit, and poisoning the community with toxicity is not going to help the game get any better. If you're unhappy and don't want to play anymore, feel free to move on. We'll all see you when you come back.
              Not that anyone cares, but I was a very long-term and well-paying player of this game. Until this change I always felt that this was one of the better games out there in which most players could compete without spending huge amounts of money. I might have continued playing a bit longer, but frankly since the above obnoxious comment by Travis I have barely even logged in and have not spent a dime on this game. I won't give my money to people who don't care about their customers.
              RIKI TETO TUXI 5830

Comment

• Teebs
                Teebs commented
                Editing a comment
                This seems like a bit of a weird comment.

I didn't start playing until AFTER the drops were "nerfed" - So I never knew the glory days of 3 Legendary at TL80.

I get that there may be a certain snarkiness to his reply here - but "farming is farming" no matter what TL you end up doing (or feel like you have to do).

The Play to Win vs Pay to Win aspect of Eternium is easily one of the most balanced (imo) in favor of Play To Win of any of these types of Freemium type of games.

Personally - most of the time - I kind of enjoy the fact that Travis' personality pops out on some of his comments rather than just a droned canned response.

... KTB

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                Travis | Support Mgr. commented
                Editing a comment
                What I said back in January still stands true and the team continues to make balance changes that make the game better overall.

. . . continues???

What specific changes have been made that have made the game more balanced?
              Theoretical Modding
              (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

Will anything change after this season?
              new items, sets, balancing old sets? Just tweaking numbers?
              or will s8 basically be the same as s5-7?

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                Travis | Support Mgr. commented
                Editing a comment
                See the announcement made today.

• Romme
                Romme commented
                Editing a comment
                This is exactly what the game needed. Excited to test out the new changes!
            Working...
            X