Not fun anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ༺྿Travis྿༻ (Support Mgr.) View Post
    How would that structure (if that's what they end up going with) give old timers an edge? I didn't say that specific set pieces would only be available for specific events. Everyone will get a chance to complete their sets -- they'll just have to wait for an event to come back around if they're missing a piece.
    that is to say, people who choose to participate in the events and win prizes will have an insurmountable advantage over say, newcomers or people who didn't want to or didn't have time to participate in the events when PvP comes around
    22nd September 2017

Comment

My god, I said something that people actually understood...

Comment

Originally posted by ༺྿Travis྿༻ (Support Mgr.) View Post
        How would that structure (if that's what they end up going with) give old timers an edge? I didn't say that specific set pieces would only be available for specific events. Everyone will get a chance to complete their sets -- they'll just have to wait for an event to come back around if they're missing a piece.
        There needs to be conversations over the matters. Asking your base community isn't bad, it will only help you. Personally, I feel like I'm in the dark regarding the upcoming updates. That's not necessarily bad, who cares about which state I am at, but the thing is that you need my opinion - from the player's perspective in order to give you some ideas, etc. And trust me, I've got ideas which could improve, but then again, I'm not the only one, am I?
        Originally posted by CountBelzebul;n96592
        when i start playing eternium last year...my warrior had 3 maggie as companion...when i heard maggie being nerfed...i got frustrated...then i just delete my warrior...
        YOLO

Comment

I guess I'm in the minority here; if someone has put in two years into the game, I think they should absolutely dominate someone who had only played one month. That goes for their experience and their gear and their characters' development (measured as CL for this game). There should be no way for a newbie to walk in and immediately have a shot at winning a ladder or pvp against the top tier players.

The recent improvements to shorten the curve for gaining CL, farming gear, and farming gems gives newer players an advantage where 2-3 months of heavy play will get you as much as a year or more in the old system, so they've already closed the gap substantially. But having put in the time to learn the game well and gain the rewards of the game should not be thrown away. An experienced player will always, and in my opinion, should always have an advantage over a newbie.

As long as they continue to play consistently they should always be at the top of the curve in all aspects of the game. If a new player pushes harder than the experience player then they will start gaining ground. If the old player starts slacking off then a youngster will catch up and eventually pass them. But as long as the experienced player continues pushing as hard as anyone trying to catch them, they should stay in the lead, get the top rewards, etc.

Edit: Just for the record, this is not an endorsement of the events or reward system described by Travis, just rebutting the comments regarding newbies vs experienced players.
          Last edited by adjacentengels; 12-28-2017, 07:38 AM.

Comment

What you say makes sense, but what we are objecting to isn't steady advancement that puts older players in better position. It is that older players are put in a better position, then events happen, the older players get all the good rewards and so get that much better, the newer players can't catch up, so the older players win the next event, etc, etc. And so the older players have not only more skill.experience at playing, and a few more CL from playing longer, but now also have a set of better items which no one else can match. And so you create the very system the changes in experience were designed to avoid.

Now if the rewards for winning events were cosmetic, say a different color scheme or a visible aura or some such, or things that could be found in time (like gold, gems, gemstones, high stat legendary set items, etc) then it wouldn't be so bad.
            Last edited by BAgate; 12-28-2017, 11:17 AM.

Comment

yeah I feel the rewards shouldn't be something that cannot be found or obtained anywhere else. not if balanced PvP is a goal to work towards.
              22nd September 2017

Comment

if pvp comes that will need a complete new system.
                like the game mechanics are as of now, imo, this game not suited for a pvp mode. fights will be like automated sequences, sure u can trigger skills, cast spells but that wont make a big different. it will be just about whose stats are more op.

a pvp needs something what makes the player skill important. a.e. to dodge attacks/avoid dmg with your skill to control your hero. eternium dont have this so i dont think a pvp mode is really needed.
                a multiplayer tho would be great, or multiplayer events etc.

Comment

Originally posted by RiseOfAbyss View Post
                  There needs to be conversations over the matters.
                  There may be, when events actually start to come to fruition.

Comment

Working...
                  X