No announcement yet.

The grind is not rewarding anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stand corrected! . 1.5 minor reasons, only half because T100 is also always Kara as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post

Agreed! The game has shifted too far toward "craft to win." I long for the "good old days" when you could reasonably expect to craft a competitive set gear and weapons by grinding trials for random gear drops. The only way to stay competitive now is through crafting the illusive level 75 set gear. I feel like I am trapped in an infinity loop of running the same few high payout story locations over and over again to collect more gold and meaningless gear drops that can be salvaged, then using those materials to (wait for it...) craft more meaningless gear that can then be salvaged. All the while my once competitive heroes have fallen from contenders to pretenders. Really the only fun left in the game are ANB events where gear drops are still relevant (at least through the early levels). Sadly, even the ANB events have turned into "you have to craft to medal" events because the gear boxes are all level 70 epics, while most of the event leaders are all miraculously wearing level 75 gear.

Make Gear Drops Relevant Again!!!
      Can't say this enough times! I was obsessed with this game since I started climbing trials, and then, (almost) all my interest with this game suddenly went away when this patch hit. Stopped farming gems like I used to, everyday, before the patch. The only reason I'm playing this game nowadays is because of ANBs, and that's the only time I feel like farming gems.

I'll wait to see if they increase the chances for a level 75 gear to be crafted, or up the drop rates on them, or have level 75 celestials as rewards from Bronze 4 ANB on. Or... If their intentions were to gradually boost the drop rates/crafting chance of lvl 71+ gears (boosting drop rates/chances of 71s first, then 72s, then later 75s), then all they have to do is just say it.. That'll keep me interested.

Quick rant: I thought I was spared from the disappointment that others felt, with the cheaters occupying the top of the LB, since I only cared about the progression of my toons. But, I guess, they found ways to disappoint other players too.

Comment

I'm with the OP... i entered maintance mode till something changes

Comment

It would be fantastic if we could have any sort of response from the team Travis | Support Mgr. Adrian (Developer) in regards to their "going forward" vision for the main part of the game, the action.

As it stands, the road to gear up is nowhere near the traditional "push your toon to the limits to get the best loot" which is (or should be) the cornerstone of a loot find RPG, but speed farming low 2-minute TL runs for mats and Morgenheim for gold and craft CRAFT CRAFT! Is this the end game?
          I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

Give them some time. I know everyone is "hungry" for improvements, but it simply takes time. Be patient and do your job or relax

Comment

Story time!

So once upon a time the game relied heavily on gambling (crafting), with the actual drops from grind/pushing being consistently lvl 70-71.
              Players were funneled into doing endless gold runs in order to gamble for their gear with Ingrid, because the drops were so useless (check the original message on this topic).

But people did not like that, and they let the devs know. The kind and thoughtful devs understood the issue and corrected those drop rates, so that people were not bound to crafting for getting their good gear. People went back to actually playing the game and everyone was happy.

But then Glory happened and everything was pushed back to gambling (crafting) again. While the game's publishers decided to give us enough Glory through the War Supplies for 1 Belt and 1 shoe (not the whole pair, just 1 shoe), they gated a lot more of this magic dust behind a $$$ wall. And since so much $$$ was at stake, they couldn't afford to allow good level gear drops in TLs, Oh no sir.

So what they did was nerf the crap out of drops so that people will be A) forced to pay the $$$ for Glory and B) stop playing the game and get back to farming gold and materials for crafting, seeing how the chances of getting lvl75+ gear (new or old) has gone down the drain again.

tl;dr easier to digest verion:

Eternium: if you want to play the game, you have to farm gold and gamble for your gear.
              Players: Ehm, it's an RPG game, how about "the higher TLs you farm, the better chance you got for good gear"?
              Eternium: Ok, fair enough, I fixed the drop rate and quality for TL100-120+
              Players: Thank you, let the grind begin, guys!
              Eternium: Actually, here's Glory, you'll need it for the new goodies
              Players: Ok, cool. But wait, what happened to the drop rates?
              Eternium: Well, you see we needed people to buy Glory if they wanted to keep up with the whales, so we put your drop rate into an investment fund and...
              Click image for larger version

Name:	oijXbLD.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	175961

Comment

• Anjaeka
                Anjaeka commented
                Editing a comment
                For a minute, I didn’t know if I was on the forum or Imgur. +1 for you. Lol.

To add to this discussion about how bad drops are, players on discord are reporting seeing exact duplicate gear drops across long farming sessions.

Not just one player getting a duplicate item, multiple players getting the exact SAME duplicate item.

This implies that drops come from a shared pre-determined pool instead of being actually random.

Cause a single player getting an exact duplicate is so statistically unlikely it's already absurd (if the gear drops are supposed to be randomised), but different players seeing the exact same item is ludicrous, downright impossible.
              HAFI JIZU XUWA 9380

Suki, Warrior TL126 (and climbing!)

Comment

• Ubba Lothbrokson
                Ubba Lothbrokson commented
                Editing a comment
                I've known this for a while (and posted about it).

At one point I had gotten the exact same drop of three pieces a total of 6 times. Two of the three pieces are actually pretty useful and I kept 2 of each which are currently being used.

Originally posted by Hollow Knight View Post
              To add to this discussion about how bad drops are, players on discord are reporting seeing exact duplicate gear drops across long farming sessions.

Not just one player getting a duplicate item, multiple players getting the exact SAME duplicate item.

This implies that drops come from a shared pre-determined pool instead of being actually random.

Cause a single player getting an exact duplicate is so statistically unlikely it's already absurd (if the gear drops are supposed to be randomised), but different players seeing the exact same item is ludicrous, downright impossible.
              I’ve actually noticed this in locked chests as well.

Comment

Chosen one slight cynical wrinkle i would add - they specifically boosted the drop rates in 1.54 to get enough items out there to make people want them - more of them, and better ones. then reeled the rates back in in 1.5.5. like a drug dealer who's like 'hey kid, first one's on me'.

Comment

• Montresor
                  Montresor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  indeed. as was the post it was a response to. hence the 'cynical', which suggests conjecture.

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                  Travis | Support Mgr. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was just clarifying for those who may come along and mistakenly read it as fact.

• Montresor
                  Montresor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Travis that's fair; I'm down with that
                  Hmm...no thumbs emoji. So... will have to do
                  Last edited by Montresor; 07-11-2020, 03:10 AM.

Originally posted by Hollow Knight View Post

Known and quite possibly unrelated issue to the drop rate/quality issue.
                https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...g-the-triplets

I've made this topic over a year ago, but there are other topics/posts where people are showing multiple duplicates, even across different players.

Edit: There it is https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...rop#post142935
                Last edited by Chosen; 07-11-2020, 02:18 PM.

Comment

It would be fun to get the occasional good drop, for sure. I always found that exciting. The flip side to getting nothing but junk drops is that now, one can craft whatever they like. In the old days, you farmed trial 200+; two pieces of boss gear were epic and the third was legendary. Hopefully it was a piece you needed and, if so, hopefully it had at least three of the four stats you needed so that at the least you could reroll one of them. Crafting was absolutely worthless. You put three pieces of gear with CD on them in the blender and waited 24 hours... for junk. Never a set or named item and who knows what the other three stats would end up being.

It would definitely be nice to get better drops from time to time, but I think the current configuration has far and away more advantages than the older one. Just my opinion
                  DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

• Anjaeka
                    Anjaeka commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Why does it have to be one or the other? Yes, crafting is better than drops alone, but even crafting is a crap shoot. Now we have all of this new gear that we can’t craft yet. Is it too much to ask to look forward to drops from trials? 99% of what we’re currently getting is going straight to salvage.

• Arawn
                    Arawn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Anjaeka I agree, it would definitely be nice to get some decent drops from time to time

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So much I agree with in this thread. However it just falls on deaf ears. Just look at the storage space, simple fix that is ignored.

Now this is frustrating... level 77 set item with one useful stat. Almost like an insult lol
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20200719_091108.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	176682
                  DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

• Kobal
                    Kobal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Actually if your are building your XP gear it is two useful stats.

Amen to this.
                  "The good ole days" are indeed dead my friend.
                  QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
                  Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

Comment

Is it just me or they nerfed the drops a few days into the current season?

I was able to gather a decent Stormcaller set and got a few lvl 76-77 items in a very short time.
                    Now that I'm regularly beating 120+ TLs, I'm getting mostly lvl 70 gear and fewer set items.
                    Theoretical Modding
                    (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

• Anjaeka
                      Anjaeka commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I was under the impression that drops were better once you got to TL 120. Imagine my disappointment.
                  Working...
                  X